Friday, April 30, 2010

Fwd: [bangla-vision] Poetry : Love My God to Love Me



---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Hasan Essa <hasniessa@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 7:10 AM
Subject: [bangla-vision] Poetry : Love My God to Love Me


 

Love My God to Love Me
by Sharbaaniranjan Kundu
 
 

 

They say: Love me, love my dog!
Will you not then love my God to love me?
If you hate me and if I am not Buddha,
or a Christ, or Chaitanya,
then what will happen?

What happens is there
for all to see
in world affairs.

Desecration and destruction of shrines
has resulted in chasms unfilled.

Even a single vile word
severs relationships of siblings.
How can sects
respect each other
for acts of desecration?

No doubt when people create symbols
and others have not much idea about them
controversies may ensue,
resulting sometimes in bad blood.

The onus is then on leaders of societies
for reconciliation.

If leaders turn atrocious,
what future can human societies have,
other than destruction?

April 25, 2010

__._,_.___


--
Palash Biswas
Pl Read:
http://nandigramunited-banga.blogspot.com/

No comments: